Thursday, June 3, 2010

GAK, flubber's cousin





Several weeks ago I found the old movie "Flubber" with Robin Williams. I remembered liking it as a kid so for 24 cents (score!) I got it from a thrift store. The kids did love the movie and so the next day I thought it'd be fun to make "GAK"....we called it "Flubber's cousin". The had a lot of fun pulling a squeezing and stretching this new creation..but by the end of the day I remembered why I've never made this before with the kids....It gets on EVERYTHING! What they discovered was that if they left the gak in a ball and came back an hour or so later the gak would take the form of whatever it was left on...say, the nice tablecloth...or the hose outside (that dripped onto the concrete and the dirt). So at the end of the day we said goodbye to the Gak, we'll see you again in another 6 years when I muster up the courage to do this activity again :)

No comments: